12.18.2007

Waitakere National Park, Auckland, New Zealand

We left Australia the other day. It was a tearful goodbye, mostly because I left great friends, some of whom I may never see again. But never the less I carry with me great memories. My time in Australia was nothing but memorable. I am riveted by the amazing things I saw and experienced. I am educated in new ways by different professors. I was stretched and challenged only to be grown and strengthened. I can only hope I will be able to express in words what the experience was for me. But for now, I'll tell you about our holiday in New Zealand.

Our first day n Auckland we went canyoning in Waitakere Nationonal Park. We started the day by suiting up in full on wet suits, harnesses and helmets. Then we hiked for about 30 minutes up the mountainside until we reached the falls. From there we repelled down three waterfalls, and swam in ice cold pools of fresh water.




We dove through caves, and jumped off cliffs and we even fed and pet an eel named "puppy"!


The day proved to be exhausting, but magical.

No comments: