6.23.2007

Montrose, CO

It's been two weeks now that we've been back from Mexico. I'm starting to learn my way around town, remember people's names, leave clothes on my bedroom floor, and get comfortable in Montrose for the summer. We've worked full weeks, learning about planning events, preparing lessons, hanging out with kids, budgeting (time and money) and getting to know each other. We've had youth group and sunday school and spoken in church. We've been to the drive-in, coffee trader, and sunset mesa. We've shopped, hung out, walked down town, and played frisbee, and it's all starting to settle in.

I ride my bike to work every day, as the church is only about a mile and a half from my house, and I can see the mountains most of the way there.

We work in what's friendly referred to as B.O.B, or the Building Out Back. It's the youth building, but is shared by a Christian school.

We generally work all morning until about 3 or 4 and are able to spend the afternoons and evenings hanging out with kids.

Michelle and Ty

Hanna and Liz

Emily and Thomas

We've accomplished a lot and learned a lot and I imagine it will continue this wat throughout the summer. I really love it here and I know that God has led me here for a reason.

No comments: